Welcome to the Latin vulgaire
– latin tardif XII!
The colloquia Latin vulgaire – Latin tardif have been held continously for three decades. After Pécs (1985), Bologna (1988), Innsbruck (1991), Caen (1994), Heidelberg (1997), Helsinki (2000), Sevilla (2003), Oxford (2006), Lyon (2009), Bergamo (2012) and Oviedo (2014) – it is now time for Uppsala (2016).
The meetings are organized under the auspices of the international comité pour l’étude du latin vulgaire et tardif:
- Gualtiero Calboli (honorary president, Bologna, Italy)
- Alfonso García Léal (president, Oviedo, Spain)
- Carmen Arias Abellán (Sevilla, Spain)
- Frédérique Biville (Lyon, France)
- Louis Callebat (Caen, France)
- Gerd V. M. Haverling (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Maria Iliescu (Innsbruck, Austria)
- Sándor Kiss (Debrecen, Hungary)
- Piera Molinelli (Bergamo, Italy)
- Harm Pinkster (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Maria Selig (Regensburg, Germany)
- Heikki Solin (Helsinki, Finland)
- Roger Wright (Liverpool, United Kingdom)
The Latin vulgaire – latin tardif XII will be held at the University of Uppsala, from August 22nd to August 26th 2016, and it will be organized by the Department of Linguistics and Philology in collaboration with Akademikonferens.
Registration will start in the afternoon on Monday afternoon August 22 and will continue the following morning. After an opening session there will be a first plenary paper, which will be followed by shorter papers in different sessions. The papers will be presented in working sessions from Tuesday 22 through Friday 26 (closing session in the afternoon).
There will be an excursion one afternoon (Wednesday or Thursday) during the colloquium and possibly, if a sufficient number of participants are interested in it, a longer one on Saturday 27th.
The conference will be held in English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian. It will be devoted to all aspects of Late and ”Vulgar” Latin. As usual, papers will be limited to 30 minutes (including questions).
If there is enough interest one or more workshops on selected topics could be arranged.
Organizer: Prof. Gerd V. M. Haverling
Latin vulgaire – Latin tardif XII
Department of Linguistics and Philology
SE – 751 26 Uppsala
Organizer’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org