Scientific Presentation Instructions
- The time for oral presentations is limited, consult the program for information.
A 15 minutes session includes 8 minutes talk and 5 minutes for questions.
- Presentation should be in PowerPoint and stored on a USB flash drive.
- Speakers should bring their presentations to the session hall at least 1 hour ahead. A media tech will be available for help and provide additional instructions.
If you present during the morning session, hand in your presentation the day before.
- Please include the Abstract number and presenter’s name in the PowerPoint file name.
- The data will be handled responsibly and deleted after the presentation.
- The speaker of the oral presentation must be registered for the Symposium
- Posters are identified by PA (Monday) PB (Tuesday) and PC (Wednesday) followed by the number of the board.
- The size of the poster board is 140 cm high and 100 cm wide. Posters must fit into this format.
- Posters should be mounted preferable before the meeting starts in the morning.
- The presenter should be near his/her poster during allocated poster time.
- The presenter of the poster must be registered for the symposium.
- Posters must be removed at the end of the last poster session of each day.
Abstract Submission for the XV International Symposium on Amyloidosis
Abstract submission is closed.
Call for Abstracts for the XV International Symposium on Amyloidosis
April 15, 2016: Deadline for abstract submission
April 28, 2016: Notification of acceptance
The Symposium language is English.
Junior Researcher Travel Awards
The Amyloidosis Foundation will provide Junior Researcher Travel Awards for the XVth International Symposium on Amyloidosis.
Types of abstracts
Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted. Abstracts can be submitted for a poster session and/or an oral presentation. All abstracts will be evaluated for scientific content by the Scientific Committee. Authors will receive acknowledgement of acceptance April 8, 2016. They will also be informed about the type of presentation (poster or oral) and the respective guidelines and instructions. If an abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author as specified at submission will be requested to present it in the assigned session. If an abstract is accepted as a poster presentation, the presenting author will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
Abstracts directly related to one of the subject categories of the Symposium are welcome. Material will be considered for presentation only if it has been submitted in the form of a one-page abstract. Accepted abstracts will be collected in a booklet and distributed at the start of the Symposium. Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
• USE Abstract tamplate provided in Abstract registration form.
• Submit as the tamplete Word document – One single A4 page (including graph, figure or table).
• Tables, figures and graphs: Do not include more than one small graph, figure or table.
• Abbreviations should be avoided and if used, explained. No abbreviations may be used in the title.
Maximum permitted dimensions: Height = 140 cm, Length = 100 cm.
Authors will be responsible for mounting their poster the morning of the presentation day and removing it at the end of that day. Fixation material will be provided.
All presenting authors must be registered as attendees of the Symposium for acceptance of the submitted abstract.
Abstract submission for the XV International Symposium on Amyloidosis
Abstract can be submitted at www.delegia.com/isaabstract from January 15th until March 15th. Abstract must be submitted throughout the link, where you upload your file. Please follow the instructions above for the abstract file and instructions given throughout the registration. The scientific committee will review all submissions.
Two presentations, either poster or oral, by a young investigator (<35 years old) will be selected each day (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for an award. Judging will be by the Scientific Committee. Winners will receive a prize. Only young researchers who are actually present at the Symposium will be eligible for an award.
A notification about selection of abstracts will be sent April 28th, 2016. Publication of the abstract requires registration for the Symposium by at least one author.
Go to www.delegia.com/isaabstract to submit abstract.